Wednesday, May 3, 2017

seeking Your heart

Tuesday, May 2, 2017 (6:34 a.m.)
Holy God,

I am looking to You this morning. Asking that You would right my thinking.

(7:18 a.m.)
And You do!

Thank You Father. Thank You that we get to look to You at every single juncture of our lives.

Blessed God, I confess that it is so much easier to come before You when all is well. As circumstances fall neatly into place, thanking and praising come more readily.

The past few days my balance has seemed just a little off. A struggle deep within affects my choices of thoughts and actions.

Thank You that even [especially?] here I can turn my focus to You. Seeking Your will. Mm, yes. Seeking You. Seeking Your heart.

Thank You for the privilege of coming before You. Thank You for the way Your Word speaks Your Truth.

There are so many circumstances that clamor for our attention. Thank You that wherever we turn in Your Word we read of Your power. Your strength. Your wisdom. Your love.

Thank You for reminding us “As it says in the Scriptures [Jeremiah 9:24], 'If anyone is going to boast, let him boast only of what the Lord has done'” (1 Corinthians 1:31 The Living Bible). Yes, Holy God, let us remember that when all we are, all we have, all we think, all we do is just and good it is because of Your grace to us through Jesus Christ our Lord.

As I seek to follow Your lead I find a new-to-me hymn. Lord, we want to know You, Live our lives to show You All the love we owe You – We're seekers of Your heart, Seekers of Your heart

Mm, yes. Father I am seeking Your heart. Longing to know You. Longing to live this day as You would have me. Making the choices necessary to represent You well. Please Father. I love You. Thank You. Amen.

(323 words ~ 8:42 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment