Friday, May 12, 2017

center me

Friday, May 12, 2017 (7:34 a.m.)
Holy God,

I don't seem to be here yet. My thoughts are all over the place. Center me.

(8:13 a.m.)
Mm, yes Father. Center me in You. In Your Word.

Deep, calming breaths. Contemplating You as the Potter and me as the clay (Isaiah 64:8; Jeremiah 18:1-6) allows me to settle in with You.

Thank You for changing my plan of how to rush off into this morning. Thank You for the joy and honor of taking the time to actually consider the precision with which You work in, with, by, through and for us.

Thank You for the privilege of wholeheartedly singing to You, Have Thine Own Way Lord! Have Thine own way! Thou art the Potter; I am the clay. Mold me and make me after Thy will, While I am waiting, yielded and still

Mm, yes. Still. Yielded and still. “Be still, and know that I am God!” (Psalm 46:10a).

The Life Recovery Bible footnote, “46:7-11 God, the commander of the heavenly armies, is here among us. If we put our life in His hands, we can rest, confident that He will protect us. He knows our weaknesses and can strengthen us in the needed areas, helping us to overcome the attacks we face each day. Our enemies may be strong, but God is far more powerful than anything that might assail us.”

Believing this to be true, I turn to You. Yielded. Still. Centered. In You. I love You Father. Use me this day exactly as You wish. Thank You. I love You. Amen.
(264 words ~ 9:07 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment