Saturday, May 6, 2017

welcome

Saturday, May 6, 2017 (7:32 a.m.)
♫Holy Spirit,

You are welcome here...
(8:45 a.m.)
Mm, second big smile of the day!

Blessed God, I didn't see it coming. I thought we were going with my welcoming the Holy Spirit into this day. Inviting Him to Come flood this place and fill the atmosphere Nope. Not exactly that.

It's the next phrase that took me directly over to Psalm 26:8. Your glory God is what our hearts long for, To be overcome by Your presence, Lord

“Your presence, Lord.” Mm, yes!

The more I read, the greater my excitement. Amplified Bible, Classic Edition (AMPC), “You have said, Seek My face [inquire for and require My presence as your vital need]. My heart says to You, Your face (Your presence), Lord, will I seek, inquire for, and require [of necessity and on the authority of Your Word].”

Blessed God, it is Your presence I seek! Thank You for the way You call us to You.

This morning began with the song of my heart inviting Your Holy Spirit into this day. As I considered my desire to sing [heart], smile [soul], stay [mind], and stretch [strength] with You I experienced what I can only describe as “Your presence, Lord.”

First was a misread on my part. Seeming to affirm my need to become more aware of Your presence I became excited and eager to tell [AGOG] Your Truth. Footnote for Psalm 28:6-9 sums up our knowledge that “only He [You!] can empower us to stand against the pressures that seem to drive us back into our old ways.” My exact reason for inviting the Holy Spirit in.

Checking the comment with the verse I kept nodding with excitement over how well You truly know and guide me. Verse seven, “The LORD is my strength, my shield from every danger. I trust Him with all my heart. He helps me, and my heart is filled with joy. I burst out in songs of thanksgiving.”

Turning to Illustrated Bible Handbook for more understanding is when I realized the misread.
(9:56 a.m.)
And even here, I notice I have done it again!

The original verse I found this morning is Psalm 27:8. The footnote is for chapter 28. And the passage I originally noted cites chapter 26.

Right now, in the midst of my current refusal to label all this as a mistake, I ask You instead... Is this Your leading?

Psalm 26:8, “I love Your sanctuary, LORD, the place where glory shines.” Yes I do!

Continuing with the footnote, “Knowing that God is our strength and will give us victory over our bad habits should fill our heart with great joy and encouragement. Even when we feel we are powerless and can't go on, God is waiting for us to run into His open and powerful arms.” There is no mistake about this!

Illustrated Bible Handbook describes Psalm 27 as “A prayer of confidence in God, on whose person David's whole being is concentrated.” It details Psalm 28 by saying, “God is appealed to as rock, strength, and shield, who will deliver us from the fate deserved by the wicked.” All true.

Turning again to The Life Recovery Bible my eyes immediately land on verse 11, chapter 27. “Teach me how to live, O LORD. Lead me along the path of honesty, for my enemies are waiting for me to fall.”

And the footnote for this? “Because temptations press in around us, we need to learn how God wants us to act in the midst of such pressures. He wants to become the stabilizing factor in our life. Apart from Him we have no power against the things that once put us in bondage. We must determine, one day at a time, to follow God, patiently and confidently waiting for Him to protect and lead us.” YES!

As I welcome You and Your Spirit's presence into this day, how I ask You to protect and lead me. Do I have time to run out and mow the lawns before the expected rain comes? These are the everyday, run-of-the-mill, mundane wonders I have that so easily derail every motivation I have to do Your will.

I love You Lord. Let me become more aware of Your presence. You are my living Hope. Guide and direct me. Take up residence in my being. You are welcome here! I love You. Thank You. Amen.
(739 words ~ 10:28 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment