Saturday, July 23, 2016

such a giant step

Saturday, July 23, 2016 (6:41 a.m.)
Awesome, Holy God,

Thank You! There was not a lot of sleep and I thank You for that which was. You are so good. We have You to turn to. Talk with. You. Over all.

I look to You Blessed Dad. You who supply our every need. This morning we have challenges. And opportunities. I look to You to provide for our needs, exactly as You know is best.

How grateful I am to depend on You. Breathing deeply. Singing Joyful, Joyful, We Adore Thee Reading Your Word. Reflecting on the hope that lies within.

I confess to feeling scattered. I look to You to corral my thoughts.

See? I was looking at Psalm 139:14, the verse referenced in the above hymn and thanking You for indeed making me “so wonderfully complex”. Going back to the beginning of this favored psalm I am excited to be reminded, “O LORD, You have examined my heart and know everything about me” (v. 1).

Mm, yes!

“You know when I sit down or stand up. You know my every thought when far away. You chart the path ahead of me and tell me where to stop and rest. Every moment You know where I am” (vs. 2-3).

Mm, yes. And yes!

You know me. You know where I am. I'm safe. In You. Thank You Father. Be with me this day as I truly look to You. Thanking You for making me so wonderfully complex.

The Life Recovery Bible tells me that “Saying we are God's 'workmanship' means that we are unique and beautiful masterpieces – works of divine poetry. Beauty and value are designed into the very fiber of our being by virtue of our Creator.”

Allowing You to work in our lives, removing all that is not Your best for us is such a giant step toward believing that I am truly treasured by You.

Use me this day, precisely as You wish Most Dear and Awesome God. I love You. I thank You. I praise and worship You. Guide, direct, prune and nurture me exactly as You know is best. I love You. Thank You. Amen.

(363 words ~ 8:11 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment