Friday, July 15, 2016

best choices

Friday, July 15, 2016 (5:45 a.m.)
Blessed God,

Thank You for some quiet time to be alone with You. I have definitely not been intentional about that this week. Forgive me Father. Forgive my thinking and reasoning. You know, things like “I need more sleep”. “I shouldn't make too much noise.”

Yeah. Not my best choices. Hmm. Best choices. Yes. I definitely am coming before You asking that You would improve my decision making process. Provide me with everything I need to respond well, making the best choices possible. Hmm. Yes.

Holy, Holy God. Once again You amaze me and I am truly grateful. I came before You because I knew I needed to. Half efforts of lying in bed and thinking to You between snoozes seems even worse than trying to drive a car that way.

You deserve my full attention! Thank You for reminding me of this. Thank You too for taking me to Isaiah 66:3 in Your Word this morning.

The Life Recovery Bible comments for verses 2, 3 and 4 begin by stating, “God will respond to us when we demonstrate these key recovery principles: the humility to acknowledge our faults, the willingness to turn from and deal with our sins (contrite heart), and a desire to do what is right no matter how difficult (tremble at God's Word).”

I confess to barely resembling that statement!

“God is not fooled by our religious games.” Oh how well I know this.

“If we 'play church' and have no desire to follow God but choose to go our own way, we will be judged. God's deliverance comes from honestly seeking His will and honoring and obeying Him.”

I confess my need for You. I can not continue pretending my way through trying to feel, be, think and do all I believe You would have of me. I truly love You so very much. Work in, with, by, through and for me this day. It is You I long to see glorified and enjoyed.

The closing sentence of these two comments states, “The process of recovery will succeed when we learn to really depend on God, not just go through the motions of following Him.”

Yes! My best choice? Coming before You. Adoring. Confessing. Thanking. And supplicating. Thank You Father. Praise You. Be with us this day providing every single thing we need to make the best choices possible.

I love You. I need You. I thank You. Amen.
(411 words ~ 6:38 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment