Sunday, July 17, 2016

poured blessings

Sunday, July 17, 2016 (6:31 a.m.)
Holy God,

Good morning. And thank You. Thank You for the blessings You pour into us.
(9:29 a.m.)
Oh praise You God!

Bless You and praise You for the nuggets of Truth You keep providing me.

First a call to pray. Then a pertinent, completely unexpected section of Scripture to offer to a much loved one. Isaiah 26: 3-4, “You keep him in perfect peace whose mind is stayed on You, because he trusts in You. Trust in the Lord forever, for the Lord God is an everlasting Rock.”

I confess to having qualms about sharing the verse that immediately follows. “He humbles the proud and brings the arrogant city to the dust. Its walls come crashing down” (v. 5).

Father God, I trust You to lead and guide me. What do I do with my own reluctance? How do I know all You would have me share? And when is too much?

I look to You. Asking. Seeking. Knocking. And just as I am ready to turn away and take an extra rest, You bless me again.

Isaiah 44:3. “For I will give you abundant water to quench your thirst and to moisten your parched fields. And I will pour out my Spirit and my blessings on your children.”

Father, I am taking You at Your Word! Standing on Your solid ground. Truly craving Your blessings on our children.

Oh bless You and praise You, most dear and precious God. Your Word. Your promises. Please. Bless as only You are able.

Thank You. Praise You. I love You. Amen.
(266 words ~ 10:07 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment