Monday, July 4, 2016

prolific

Monday, July 4, 2016 (7:48 a.m.)
Blessed Father God,

Thank You! You have blessed us repeatedly. Regularly. Abundantly. Prolifically. Now there's a word I haven't considered before.

“prolific – adjective (of a plant, animal, or person) producing much fruit or foliage or many offspring”.

Hmm. I like the way one word takes me to pages and people in Your Word that I rarely visit. This morning it's to Josiah, “one of Judah's best kings, even though he was the son of one of Judah's worst kings” (The Learning Bible).

Oh most Holy God, thank You for the example of this one man working hard to break the sinful patterns set for him by his father and grandfather. Thank You for this history lesson of personal and national reform.

Thank You that we get to read of kings who ignored Your warnings (2 Kings 33:10; 21-25) to their own detriment. Thank You that one single word can lead to so much Truth.

I love You Father. Use me this day exactly as You wish. Thank You. I love You. Amen.
(179 words ~ 10:46 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment