Friday, July 22, 2016

God Most High

Friday, July 22, 2016 (6:17 a.m.)
Most Dear and Holy God,

What does it mean that You are most?
(6:48 a.m.)

Oh, Father, how I love asking You questions and watching where Your answers lead!

This morning we took awhile to get to Psalm 57:2. Oh, but here we are! “I call to God Most High, to God who fulfills His purpose for me.”

It's You who does Your work in and through me. You to whom I get to cry out. You who are most high. Over all.

The various translations say You: are “perfecting me”,“performeth all things for me”, “accomplishes all things on my behalf”, “performs on my behalf and rewards me [brings to pass His purposes for me and surely completes them]!”, “comes through for me”, “takes care of me completely!”, “does everything for me”, “supplies my every need”, “performeth His promise toward me”, “completes what He began in me”, “does such wonders for me”, “vindicates me”, “holds me together”, “finishes all things for me”, “always does what is good for me”...

Holy God Most High, all these ways of reminding me that it is indeed You who does the incredible work. You who fulfills Your purpose in me. Thank You Father. Thank You that we do get to cry out to You. Pray to You. Turn to You. Run to You.

Thank You Father for the many times and various ways that David wrote and spoke of his reliance on You. Mm. Continue Your work in me that Your purpose is fulfilled.

I love You. I thank You. And I long to glorify and enjoy You. Thank You God Most High. I love You. Amen.
(279 words ~ 7:53 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment