Wednesday, July 20, 2016

And so much more!

Wednesday, July 20, 2016 (6:53 a.m.)
Blessed, Holy God,

Oh how I thank You, Father. Oh, and praise You as well. You have been providing our every need. Exactly as Your Word promises You will.

The word I thought of first this morning was “manna”. Having You provide our daily needs is still something I seem fairly new at being aware. And I think I often appear as disgruntled as the Israelites.

Thank You for this opportunity to read again of Your people's journey across the desert (Exodus 15-18). I see myself so very much in their whining and lack of faith and gratitude.

They experienced the miracle of You parting the Red Sea and still “the whole community of Israel spoke bitterly against Moses and Aaron.” Blessed, Holy God, in verse 15:26b You describe Yourself as “the LORD who heals you.” I believe You to be exactly that.

And so much more!

Yes! You are so much more than just the God who heals us. You also provide our every single need. Exactly as is needed. You love us. And care for us. You save us. And the list continues.

As I continue reading of Your perfect provisions to Your people I'm not sure if I am more dumbfounded or comforted by the beginning of verse 15:20. “But, of course, some of them didn't listen”.

How often do I find myself in the not listening category? Today I am here asking that I would not only be aware of Your provision, but far more importantly - be grateful! And obedient!

Dearest Father, I long to serve You as You so rightly deserve to be served. I ask that You would do every single thing necessary in making me exactly who You create me to be. I love You. And I look to You that I would represent You well. And so much more!

Praise You. Thank You. I love You. Amen.
(319 words ~ 9:09 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment