Thursday, July 28, 2016

confront

Thursday, July 28, 2016 (6:36 a.m.)
Blessed, Holy God,

I love You. I have thoughts and fears and hopes and doubts all swirling around inside my head. Once again I look to You.

You are far greater than our imaginings. I look to You for Truth. Faith. Hope. Love (1 Corinthians 13:13).

Yes, Father. You know the plans You have for me. They are plans for good and not for evil. They are plans to give me a future and a hope (Jeremiah 29:11).

I have questions concerning my physical health. I confess to jumping ahead of the future appointment wondering if I could be dealing with this, that or something else. I admit to being stubborn and refusing standard treatments for certain problems.

Again Father, I look to You. You know what is best. You know exactly all You have planned. Not one single bit of worry or concern on my part will change a darned thing. So I look to You.

Jeremiah 29:12-13 tells me, “In those days when you pray, I will listen. If you look for me in earnest, you will find me when you seek me.”

Here I pray, telling You that I have trouble trusting. I hope. I think. I wish. I want. I believe. And I also doubt. And dread. And struggle regularly to avoid being afraid.

And here again I smile. Thank You Jesus. A very deep breath followed my looking up the word avoid. The antonym for it being confront. I don't have to be afraid. I know You have me. I can choose to trust. Or not.

I can sing, smile, stretch and surrender. I can confess my fear and ask You to guiding me in doing all that is needed to confront each new fear as it arises.

Thank You Jesus. Thank You God. Thank You Holy Spirit. Do all You must in making me teachable and receptive to all the good You have planned for me.

I love You. Thank You so very much for loving me first. Use me this day exactly as You know is best. Thank You. I love You. Amen.

(357 words ~ 7:25 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment