Saturday, July 9, 2016

breathing deeply

Friday, July 8, 2016 (7:23 a.m.)
Blessed God,

Get my head in the game please. I keep making mmistakes. [See what I mean?]

Deep breath. Mm. Yes. Deep, cleansing breath.

Holy God, thank You for always being here to remind me to stop what I'm doing and look to You. Breathing deeply.

Thank You that every single time I take the time to “Stop!” and breath deeply, a calmness settles in. Would this be a direct link to Paul's promise to the Philippians (4:6-7)?

“Don't worry about anything; instead pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank Him for all He has done. If you do this, you will experience God's peace, which is far more wonderful than the human mind can understand. His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus.”

Mm. Yes. Peace! Your blessed, precious peace.

Thank You Father. Thank You that while insanity seems to be running amuck in America, there is still peace to be found in You.

The practice of breathing deeply takes me to The Message to the Church in Sardis (Revelation 3:1-6). The apostle John was tasked “To give hope to believers and warn them not to compromise their loyalty to God” (The Life Recovery Bible THE BOTTOM LINE).

Many of the translations for verse 2 tell the believers in Sardis to “Wake up!” and “Strengthen what is left, or it will die.”

Blessed Dad, when I take the time to stop and breath deeply, I liken my spirit to a flame that is just getting ready to fade completely out. The added oxygen sparks a flicker that reignites the hope that is necessary to trust You in all things.

The Message tells of John's encounter with the Glorified Jesus on the island of Patmos (Revelation 1:17-18). Writing down Your words to him, he penned “I see right through your work. You have a reputation for vigor and zest, but you're dead, stone-dead. Up on your feet! Take a deep breath! Maybe there's life in you yet” (3:1-2a).

How is it that we get so sidetracked that we forget to put You first? 

“But I wouldn't know it by looking at your busywork; nothing of God's work has been completed. Your condition is desperate. Think of the gift you once had in your hands, the Message you heard with your ears – grasp it again and turn back to God” (2b-3a).

Yes please. As the peace of Your presence reminds me to ever look to You, equip me to 'be strong in Your mighty power' (Ephesians 6:10).

I love You Father. I need You. I want You. And I thank You. Use me this day. Exactly as You wish. Thank You. I love You. Amen.
(462 words ~ 8:38 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment