Thursday, July 7, 2016

Praise!

Thursday, July 7, 2016 (6:18 a.m.)
Praise You, Father!

Mm. Yes. Praise! An antonym for the word malign.

I awoke with a choice this morning. I could once again focus on a character malignment forged against me many years ago. Or I could seek Your better way. Thank You for reminding me that I always have a choice.

Thank You that this morning I again chose You. Your Word. Your will. Your way. Thank You that Your peace truly washes over me as I sit here, reading and reflecting on Your Truth.

Psalm 119:129-136 from The Message, “Every word You give me is a miracle word – how could I help but obey?” Being honest here, there are far too many times that I fail to obey.

Continuing, “Break open Your words, let the light shine out, let ordinary people see the meaning.” Mm. Yes. Please.

“Mouth open and panting, I wanted Your commands more than anything. Turn my way, look kindly on me, as You always do to those who personally love You.”

Mm. Yes. Father. Thank You for the absolute privilege of loving You. Personally. Mm!

“Steady my steps with Your Word of promise so nothing malign gets the better of me.” Yes! Your Word of promise. Yes!

“Rescue me from the grip of bad men and women so I can live my life Your way.” Yes, please. YOUR way!

“Smile on me, Your servant; teach me the right way to live. I cry rivers of tears because nobody's living by Your book!”

Oh, most dear and awesome God. Thank You that we have You to love and to guide us.

Thank You that we can choose to praise You, rather than curse others. This morning I pray the Expanded Bible's translation for verses 132-134 right to You.

“Look at [Turn to] me and have mercy [compassion] on me as You do [as is Your custom] for those who love You [Your name]. Guide my steps [Steady my feet] as You promised; don't let any sin [guilt] control [dominate] me. Save [Redeem] me from harmful [oppressive; exploitative] people so I can obey [keep; guard] Your orders [precepts].”

Yes. Please!

Father, You know my heart. You created me in Your image and are more aware of every single one of my foibles than I could ever be. Do everything You must to turn all of my feelings, beliefs, thoughts and actions (heart, soul, mind, strength) into the ultimate praise of You.

I love You. Lead and guide me that I would follow exactly as You wish. Thank You for again reminding me of the importance of bringing You praise. Teach me to do it well. Thank You. I love You. Praise You. Amen.

(457 words ~ 7:44 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment