Sunday, July 3, 2016

greatness beyond discovery

Sunday, July 3, 2016 (6:42 a.m.)
Most Holy, Awesome God,

Thank You that You alone are God. Thank You that You are worthy to be praised (Psalm 145:3b). Thank You that Your greatness is beyond discovery! (c).

You truly never cease to amaze me. My thoughts so often and easily lean toward the negative. Oh, but when I turn them to You I find one surprise after another.

Thank You for ready access to Your Word. Thank You that we have a multitude of translations at our fingertips.

Thank You especially for the many ways this one verse can be presented:

“The Lord is great and so worthy of praise! God's greatness can't be grasped” Common English Bible.

While the beginning of the verse remains much the same, words for the last section are varied. “No one can measure His greatness / comprehend His magnificence”; “unsearchable”; “incomprehensible to man”; “beyond all searching out”; “greater than anyone can understand”; “beyond understanding”; “indescribable”; “unfathomable”; “there is no end to His greatness”.

Mm. Thank You Father. Thank You that You are our God and King (v. 1). Thank You that we have Your Word on which to meditate.

Oh, yes, Blessed Father. Thank You that as I sit in Your presence more pieces of Scripture come to mind. And with each added component, another smile.

Psalm 19:14, “Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be acceptable in Your sight, O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer.”

Mm. Yes. Greatness beyond discovery. Work in me this day as only You can. I love You Father. I worship, adore, praise, bless and thank You. These things I pray to You through Your Son's most holy name and by the power of His Holy Spirit.

Thank You for loving me. Let me use it well. Amen.
(306 words ~ 8:27 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment