Saturday, July 9, 2016

constant

Saturday, July 9, 2016 (6:53 a.m.)
Blessed God,

Thank You that You are so good. Thank You that You provide us the opportunity to readily read of all the things You are.

Oh and thank You even more for knowing my heart! Because I believe You know every single thing that's going on with me, I get to choose to be honest with You.

Right now I confess to feeling fickle. Changeable. I want to say what I believe are the “right” things. All with the “right” attitude. And the truth is, my attitude is not matching up with all I am reading in Your Word.

Forgive me as I tell You straight out what my heart and soul and mind are screaming. “It's not right.” “It isn't fair.” “Where are You God?” in the midst of all the shootings and the death and the carnage. “How much longer?” “How much more?”

That being said, that underlying every single word I say to You, I believe You to be a good God. I believe Your Word when it says that You “so loved the world” that You sent Your only Son to die “so that everyone who believes in Him will not perish but have eternal life” (John 3:16).

Blessed Father, an antonym for fickle is constant. Thank You Father that You are constant. Thank You for this privilege of coming to You with a VERY fickle heart. Believing, absolutely depending on You to love me even when the things I say and think and feel are anything but lovely.

Thank You for Your constancy. Thank You for the extremely subtle smiles that keep gracing my face every time I find a verse in Your Word that corresponds with my thoughts and fears.

I confess that it is not my place to ask You “When?” as I read Your promise in Psalm 12:5. “The Lord replies, 'I have seen violence done to the helpless, and I have heard the groans of the poor. Now I will rise up to rescue them, as they have longed for me to do.'” Yes. I confess.

Again and again I confess my fickleness. I know You are good. And just for right now, this very moment, I am going to breath deeply. Allow Your peace to wash over me. Asking You to not let the negative thoughts take root in me.

Blessed, Holy God, use Your constancy in my life this day. As I pray to You my true, fickle self, I ask that You would entrench Proverbs 3:5-6 deeply into my being. Let me truly, “Trust in the Lord with all my heart; to not depend on my own understanding. Seek Your will in all I do, and You will direct my paths.”

Yes Father. Please. Thank You. I love You. Amen.
(471 words ~ 8:27 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment