Friday, November 7, 2014

Your armor



Friday, November 7, 2014 (6:34 a.m.)
Most Dear and Holy God,
(6:52 a.m.)

I am here this morning asking. Asking for Your help. Your presence. Your guidance. Your strength (Ephesians 6:10). Your armor (v. 11).

Mm, yes. Your armor!

I took a tumble the other day. A direct hit to my confidence. I thought I knew what I was doing. I was making progress. And then a hiccup. Just a plain and simple difference of ideas. And now I am derailed. Can't [WON'T] get back on track.

It's subtle. Hardly visible to others. But I know it's here. Rearing it's ugly head. Pride. Hurt. Wrapping itself up in other ways to keep from being seen.

Oh most dear and Blessed Three-In-One, thank You. Thank You for the privilege to be absolutely honest with You! I can't shake what I'm feeling on my own. Oh, but You can. And by merely asking You to do in and with, through and for me all that I cannot possibly do on my own a degree of hope settles and starts taking root.

It's Your Word, Your Truth I need. Always! I look to the world [read in this particular case: mess] around me and get more upset. But the moment I start digging around in Your Scripture one hope leads right, straight to another.

How I thank You and praise You once again for reminding me What a Friend We Have in Jesus I can do none of this on my own. I can pretend and try by myself. But why do that? Instead I am coming to You. Asking for the strength I can have in Your mighty power.

Worldwide English (New Testament) says, “Last of all, I say this. Be strong in the Lord and use the strength He gives. Use everything that God has given you so that you can fight against the tricks of the devil. We are not fighting against people of flesh and blood. But we are fighting against rulers and powers whom we cannot see. We are fighting against those who control the darkness of this world, and bad spirits who have power in the air. So use everything that God has given you, that you can fight when the bad time comes. You will need to do everything you can do to stand!”

A footnote for Ephesians 6:10-12 in The Life Recovery Bible offers this hope, “as we turn our life and will over to God, He will stand with us in battle.” I need that Truth. I desperately need You with me in all that I cannot possibly do on my own. In this particular case? Get back on track.

And here is where I full out [as much or as far as possible; with maximum effort or power] pray Step 11 (of 12) right back to You. “We sought through prayer and meditation to improve our conscious contact with God, praying only for knowledge of His will for us and the power to carry it out.”

Yes. Please. Thank You. I love You. Amen.
(511 words ~ 8:15 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment