Monday, November 17, 2014

The Wedding - REVISITED!


Saturday, November 17, 2012 (8:36 a.m.)
Embassy Suites Downey, CA

Delightfully Incredible, Wonderfully Awesome Father God,
Thank You! You have allowed us to be intimately involved with a wedding unlike any we've ever witnessed. Two people deeply in love. Each sincerely respectful of the other. Seemingly 'a match made in heaven'. How I ask You to bless this union.
Blessed Father, I'm getting to read of three different mentions of weddings in Your Word. The first is Psalm 45, “A Wedding Song”. It begins much like I feel at this moment. “My heart is overflowing with a beautiful thought! I will write a lovely poem to the King, for I am full of words as the speediest writer pouring out his story.” 
Beloved, Loving Father, my heart IS overflowing! Unlike the Psalmist, though I am full of words, they are not pouring forth. Instead, once again, much like Mary's mothering (Luke 2:19, 51) I am allowed to witness this love and quietly treasure “these things in my heart and often think about them.”
Just across the hall, “The bride, a princess, waits within her chamber, robed in beautiful clothing woven with gold [of that I am not quite sure!]. Lovely she is, led beside her maids of honor to the king! [another liberty I am taking here] What a joyful, glad procession as they enter in the palace gates [in this case, a carnival tent]” (Psalm45:13-15).
Matthew 22 tells A Story of a Wedding. When the original, invited guests refused to attend the wedding dinner a king had prepared (v.3) for his son, the king became angry (v.7) and sent his servants out to the street corners to invite all they saw (v.9). “So the servants did, and brought in all they could find, good and bad alike; and the banquet hall was filled with guests” (v.10). How blessed we are that You welcome us all; “good and bad alike”.
Father, NONE of us is worthy. We all fall short of Your glorious ideal (Romans 3:23). Thank You for inviting us to be Your beloved children.
Revelation 19:1-10 speaks of The Lamb's Wedding Feast. Sadly there's no more time right now. Perhaps You will have more to say to me about this at another time?
You are so good. So holy. So wonderful. Please bless this couple Dearest Father. In Your Son, our Lamb,'s most precious name. Amen.
(397 words)

No comments:

Post a Comment