Sunday, November 16, 2014

"Help me Lord"

Sunday, November 16, 2014 (6:04 a.m.)
Awesome, Holy God,

I love You. And I don't know where to go with that this morning. I love You. Yet I feel so lost and discontent. I don't want to. I try really hard not to. But if I'm going to be honest with You, I have to say, “Help me Lord”.

And just like that my thought process starts to change. I look into Your Word. I remember Bible stories I've read throughout the years. And the next thing I know I'm reading Peter's words to the people at Pentecost.

There's always been parts of me that wants to have a legendary life changing moment like that experienced by those present in the Upper Room when they received the Baptism in the Holy Spirit (Acts 2:1-6). I often think that if I could have something that real take place in my life I would be able to overcome all the negativity and obstacles that we contend with everyday.

But You know what You are doing. I know You know what You are doing. So I'll continue coming before You Just as I am, though tossed about With many a conflict, many a doubt, Fightings and fears within, without, O Lamb of God, I come! I come!

Thank You. Thank You that I get to be reminded that even as blessed as I am, I am not alone in conflicting thoughts and feelings. You know what You are doing. I continue trusting that.

Thank You too for leading me to Acts 2:21 this morning. The Message phrases it, “And whoever calls out for help to me, God, will be saved.” I smile at the thought of being included here.

The Voice expands on the wordage just a little bit. “And everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be liberated into God's freedom and peace.”

J. B. Phillips New Testament describes this section as Peter explains the fulfillment of God's promise”. How blessed we are to be included as part of Your plan.

Thank You that I am allowed, even encouraged, to come before You with all that I am (John 6:37). Thank You for again reminding me of the importance of being honest, open and willing. Use me this day exactly as You wish. Be glorified Dearest Father. In my life, my heart, my home. I love You. I need You. I want You. I thank You. Amen.
(406 words ~ 7:00 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment