Sunday, November 16, 2014

"Aha moment"

Saturday, November 15, 2014 (5:50 a.m.)

Holy and Amazing God and Father,

Thank You! I take a deep breath with You and I automatically smile. There's a content and true inner joy that comes from breathing deeply in Your Word. Thank You.

Thank You that yesterday I was again reminded of how much I love to learn. A mistake had been made by me early on. A remedy of sorts came to mind. Much later in the day, their was an “Aha moment”. I was sure that if I had done this one thing instead of what I did the problem may not have happened in the first place.
(6:42 a.m.)

Going back to check out my theory just now I proved my thinking correct. And in the process changed a few typos from years past. Thank You Father that even in that I was reminded of how very present You are in our every single moment.

I get to read prayers from years past. I see how many times the same doubts and fears have presented themselves. I breath deeply and take in how very real You are. All the while remembering that YOU are Who is to be in control of my being.

I look to You and long for balance. I read further in Your Word and the smile grows bigger. The hope I have in You is real. It's when I look at circumstances that my outlook changes.

Blessed Father, I am struggling. I used the word 'broken' to describe myself yesterday. Broken in heart. Broken in spirit. But at the very same time there was a speck of joy in realizing that it is when we are broken that You can fill us. Change us.

Holy God, thank You. Thank You for working so consistently in changing my heart. So many of the things I used to think were paramount have lost their luster. Continue leading and guiding me to live each moment on Your behalf.

A number of versions for Psalm 51:8 have my attention as I genuinely seek Your ultimate good.

The Voice “Help me hear joy and happiness as my accompaniment, so my bones, which You have broken, will dance in delight instead.”

New Living Translation “Oh, give me back my joy again; You have broken me – now let me rejoice.”

New English Translation “Grant me the ultimate joy of being forgiven! May the bones You crushed rejoice!”

Names of God Bible “Let me hear sounds of joy and gladness. Let the bones that You have broken dance.”

Modern English Version “Make me to hear joy and gladness, that the bones that You have broken may rejoice.”

The Message “Tune me in to foot-tapping songs, set these once-broken bones to dancing.”

The variety of verbs used here have me asking You for joy. Your ultimate joy. Help me hear, give me back, grant, let, make, tune. Actions You can do on my behalf that I will truly be able to glorify and enjoy You forever.

Father, I love You. I want You. I need You. And I ask You to do in and through, by, for and with me all that I am absolutely unable to do on my own. You are able. I look to You. Thank You. I love You. Amen.

(552 words ~ 8:17 a.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment