Saturday, November 29, 2014

good company

Saturday, November 29, 2014 (7:47 a.m.)
Blessed Father,

Exhausted comes to mind. Tired. Really tired. Speak to me about all our strength coming from You 'cause right now I don't have any. The body is sore. The heart full.

Father, thank You. Even here I get to come before You. Honestly. Openly. Willingly. Searching Your Word and finding once again that I am indeed in good company. David wrote of being exhausted (Psalm 38:8).

As I look to You for strength and guidance, how I thank You for the opportunity to have spent the past several days in the good company of family and friends. Mm, good company.

Father, thank You that I get to be in Your good company. I get to read Your Word. Be reminded of all the things of which I have been learning. I get to take deep breaths and breathe You in to my very core. Thank You.

Thank You for soul altering, thought changing deep breaths. One minute the focus is on the physical and emotional aspects of our being. The very next I am contemplating the eternal. Psalm 136 ends every line reminding us that it is Your love that endures forever.

Of course my mind starts singing His love endure forever

No comments:

Post a Comment