Sunday, November 23, 2014

And then?

Sunday, November 23, 2014 (5:36 a.m.)

(6:06 a.m.)
Most Holy God and Father,

Thank You for changing me. Inside. In my heart. And my mind. And my soul as well. It's You at work. Yes. Absolutely. You at work. Thank You. There's a peacefulness within me. Even in the discord of events.

Blessed Father, thank You for always loving us. Always caring. Thank You that every time I get lost in thinking and wondering I have the opportunity of coming to You with all those thoughts. And the truth is, I do get lost! So easily. So often.

And then? And then I come before You. I look into Your Word. I read Truth and direction and history and warnings and promises and am reminded of all the love and hope and joy You have for us. And I am grateful. Truly grateful.

Father, thank You. Thank You for teaching us. Thank You for loving us. Thank You for giving us Your Son. Thank You that we get to look to Him. Count and depend on Him.

Thank You that even as I sit here contemplating Your goodness and grace, I am filled by the awe of Your new day dawning. I look. Stand up to watch. Take in the view from different windows. All the while sensing a quiet peace.

You provide so much for us. Your love. Your Son. Your Spirit. Comfort. Peace. Strength. As I sit here struggling to catch a thought, I read. And hope. Then read and hope some more.

Right now I'm reading 2 Corinthians 3:17-18. “Now the Lord is the Spirit, and wherever the Spirit of the Lord is, He gives freedom. And all of us have had that veil [which covers minds and hearts] removed so that we can be mirrors that brightly reflect the glory of the Lord. And as the Spirit of the Lord works within us, we become more and more like Him and reflect His glory even more.”

Lord. Spirit. Freedom. Mirrors reflecting glory. And then? “And as the Spirit of the Lord works within us, we become more and more like Him and reflect His glory even more.” Yes, Lord. Work in me. Through me. That I would truly reflect Your glory.

I love You. I want that to be easily recognized. Thank You. I love You. Amen.

(392 words ~ 7:46 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment