Wednesday, November 26, 2014

giving thanks

Wednesday, November 26, 2014 (5:52 a.m.)
Blessed God,

Thank You. Thank You for sleep. Thank You for conflict. Thank You for brokenness. The Apostle Paul wrote that we are to “give thanks in all things” (1Thessalonians 5:18). So here I am. Through tear-filled eyes, giving You thanks.

Thank You for Your Word Blessed God. Thank You for Your promises. And examples. And Truth. Mercy. Grace. Forgiveness. You truly have us covered. Thank You.

The fact that I feel lost and know I am found (Luke 15:20-24) fills me with hope like no other. Reading of Paul's experience with Your power working best in his weakness (2 Corinthians 12:10; 13:9) has me crying all over again.

Holy Father, I come to You broken. Believing Your promises. Trusting You to do all You must in, with, by and for me. Giving You thanks for all You are and all we can be because of Your great love for each and every one of us.

Work in me I pray. Enable, empower, embolden me to live the life You have for me. Paul closed his second letter to the church at Corinth saying “Rejoice. Change your ways. Encourage each other. Live in harmony and peace. Then the God of love and peace will be with you” (2 Corinthians 13:11).

The Life Recovery Bible comment for this verse speaks of 'opening minds and hearts to personal change and the healing of relationships.' It mentions “spiritual growth and interpersonal harmony” being “fueled by faith in God, the ultimate source of healing love and peace.”

How I give thanks to You for such opportunity as this. Thank You for loving and providing for us so perfectly. Heal my brokenness as only You are able. Thank You. I love You. Amen.
(294 words ~ 7:09 a.m.)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment