Tuesday, November 4, 2014

much thought

Tuesday, November 4, 2014 (6:51 a.m.)
Blessed, Holy God,

Thank You! I had quite the experience with You yesterday.

A phone call had left me sad. Concerned. Disappointed. So many negative thoughts. I wondered who I could call. To whom could I turn to express and sort out my heart.

I gave it much thought. Ran through the “Rolex” in my mind. And settled on... YOU! The very moment I recalled the peace and power we have available to us in every circumstance because of You, I felt myself physically calm.

Shoulders relaxed. Mind stopped swirling. Hope and joy replaced the dread and fear that only moments before had begun infusing itself within my being. Thank You.

Thank You that even now as I turn in Your Word to confirm all that I witnessed in that moment I am again filled with Your peace.

Searching the phrase “much thought” brought me to the Preacher/Teacher's experience in Ecclesiastes 2:3. Under The Futility of Pleasure subheading, his attempts to find the meaning of life through laughter and alcohol proved pointless.

After much thought, I decided to cheer myself with wine. While still seeking wisdom, I clutched at foolishness. In this way, I hoped to experience the only happiness most people find during their brief life in this world.”

Seeking the verse to support the peace we have available to us in every circumstance took me to Paul's second letter to the believers of Thessalonica. “May the Lord of peace Himself always give you His peace no matter what happens. The Lord be with you all” (2Thessalonians 3:16).

I experienced that peace yesterday. I recognized it as being You the very moment it happened. How I thank You. Praise You. And right now, this very moment, I ask You on a scale much greater than I can even imagine to do all You must in the national election taking place as I pray this out to You.

Our country is in desperate need of healing. You are THE only One capable of providing our every need. Across the board! From every single individual, to their families, neighborhoods, communities, states and united government, YOU are Who we need in office. YOU and all who are willing to work tirelessly for You. Make it happen Dearest Father. Help this country represent You well. And let each of us recognize our own responsibility in serving You.

I love You. And I thank You. Amen.
(409 words ~ 8:02 a.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment