Monday, November 17, 2014

I want to play the piano!

Monday, November 17, 2014 (6:47 a.m.)
Las Vegas, NV
Holy, Holy God,

I don't think I've ever said this to You before...

I want to play the piano.

WELL!

I saw it yesterday. I woke up with it this morning.

For as long as I can remember I've worked to improve. I've taken lessons. Practiced. Tried. Really hard. And all, in my view, unsuccessfully.

Talk with me this morning Father. I'm on the verge of tears again. I feel passionately about this. There's something awakening in me again. Desire. Deep desire. And hope.

I mended a torn piece of lace the other evening. It had hung from a pillow for years with no idea of how best to take care of it. And then? An idea. A few minutes and several stitches later, success! And a genuine sense of a job well done.

Blessed Father, those moments have been fewer and farther between for me recently. It's seemed so much easier to just bump along rather than putting myself out there. Not hoping. Not risking. Just playing it safe so as not to be disappointed.

I don't want to do that anymore. I desperately want to care again! To care enough to put myself back in. To get knocked and get up again [see: Chumbawamba]. To once again start living out loud [Aaron Lines].

I see You working in our lives. Slight shifts in attitudes. Minute differences in interests. Holy Father God, You are able.

Your Word recounts evidence of this over and over. Genesis 18:14, Job 42:2, Jeremiah 32:17, Luke 1:35 and 37, Matthew 19:25-26.

Gary Linton wrote an article entitled “God is Able”. He begins by asking if we believe that. He closes by quoting Ephesians 3:20, “Now unto Him that is able to do exceedingly abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that worketh in us.”

Within the article itself he cites, “something I once read in Dake's Annotated Bible. 'All men (Christians) believed God can do anything, but few believe He will.'” That's me Dearest God!

We heard it sung yesterday in church. “I believe. Help my unbelief” (Mark 9:24). The Life Recovery Bible comment encourages, “[we] believe God can help, but we fear that He will refuse to help us. Perhaps we are afraid that God will think us unworthy of His deliverance. God never works that way. Not only is He able to help us, but He also wants to help us...”

I believe You. I trust You. I am asking You to guide and direct all of my heart, soul, mind and strength (Mark 12:30) so that I will TRULY love You as I ought! Do all You must Dearest Father.

I want to play the piano! WELL!

Thank You. I love You. Amen.
(458 words ~ 8:35 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment