Saturday, November 8, 2014

hopeful

Saturday, November 8, 2014 (7:01 a.m.)
Holy, Holy God,

Thank You. I woke up feeling hopeful this morning.

We have a project going on that is more time intensive than I had anticipated. Probably because I am again taking myself too seriously. There's a standard in my mind that I rarely meet. Hard as I try to let go or get around it, the very next thing I know here it is. Still with me.

So Blessed, Holy Father, here I am. Once more asking You to do in and with, by and for me ALL those things I cannot possibly do on my own. Like view things realistically.

You have provided us wonderful opportunities. We are getting to work together so much better than in the past. Yes where my ideal would be to someday have us crowned the do-it-yourself king and queen, our reality is so much closer to being Alf and Ralph Monroe from Green Acres TV lore.

That made me laugh yesterday. Out loud. First time in a really long time. Thank You God. Thank You for this husband who really is rising to the challenge of having me for a wife. A woman who can so easily find fault with most things. Thank You for his willingness to look past all that is so glaringly wrong and find the things that work.

Right here I am reading in Romans (15:4) and the more I read, the more hopeful I am becoming. Illustrated Bible Handbook says of a “Self-sacrificial Attitude; 14:14-15:4... Our goal is to build up the brother whom we love, not flaunt our freedom or our superior knowledge.” Keep us in this teaching Holy Father.

The following section reinforces what we are learning around here recently. “Accepting Attitude; 15:5-13. Underlying the teaching of this section is the fact that Jesus has accepted us, imperfect as we are. 'Accept one another, then, just as Christ accepted you' (15:7). If this is our attitude toward one another, unity will be achieved, and we will become a community which loves and praises God together, filled with joy and peace and hope.”

What could possible be more hopeful than that!

Back to verse 4, taken from The Voice. “You see, everything written in the days of old was recorded to give us instructions for living. We find encouragement through the Scriptures and a call to perseverance that will produce hopeful living.” Oh Blessed, Blessed God, from Your Word to my being. Make it so!

I love You. I thank You. And I ask for the strength of Your mighty power (Ephesians 6:10) with which to serve You well this day. Do all You must for this to be so. Thank You. I love You. Amen.
(457 words ~ 7:46 a.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment