Thursday, November 13, 2014

"Childlike Trust in the Lord"

Thursday, November 13, 2014 (5:01 a.m.)
Blessed Father God,

It's been an interesting week so far. I've run the gamut [the complete range] of emotions recently. Hopeful. Dreadful. Happy. Witchy. Angry. Passive. Let's settle in on grateful, shall we?

Father, I truly am grateful to You for the host of blessings You provide. While I may very well have been behaving quite unseemly here of late, underneath it all is the joy and hope we are directed to in Your Word.

This current realm of thinking brings me all the way back to the hope I was sharing with You on Sunday. While I was speaking with You on Tuesday (Veteran's Day) of my excitement about learning what Armistice Day is, I again got sidetracked with other things.

Yesterday I took two really deep breaths with You and then just left. Fidgeting. Stomping. Growling. Bemoaning. And finally accepting. Just doing what needed to be done.

Here I am asking You to infuse me with Your Spirit and speak with me about all You want / have for me. I confess to believing that I am not living up to the potential You have in me. I get lost in the details. Afraid of making big mistakes, I refuse to even get started. I seem to want guarantees of time spent. All the while knowing You don't work that way.

Thank You that I have You and Your Word to turn to. Thank You that when I remember to consider You while breathing in I am keenly aware of the hope we have in You.

Now, back to Sunday's psalm. 131. Through tears sparked by hope I read the same three verses in a variety of accounts. Of all the translations available to me it's the New Century Version that speaks loudest to me right now.

“LORD, my heart is not proud; I don't look down on others. I don't do great things, and I can't do miracles. But I am calm and quiet, like a baby with its mother. I am at peace, like a baby with its mother. People of Israel, put your hope in the LORD now and forever.”

Mm. Yes. Put my hope in You! That's been my thinking these past several days. Illustrated Bible Handbook uses four words to describe these three verses. “Humility and trust bring hope.” Help me use the simplicity spelled out for me here to truly keep things simply Yours.

Again the song that brought this all about on Sunday is singing to me. My life is in You, Lord My strength is in You, Lord My hope is in You, Lord In You, it's in You

I never can thank You enough for all You have done and are currently doing in each of us around here. How I ask You to keep doing in and for with and through us all that we cannot possible do or think or feel or be on our own. It's all in You that “we live and move and have our being” (Acts 17:28).

Thank You that You sent Jesus so we could know and trust You to be all loving and powerful. Do all You must Blessed Father. All You must. Thank You. I love You. Amen.
(548 words ~ 6:36 a.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment