Sunday, November 16, 2014

a Genesis week

Friday, November 14, 2014 (6:45 a.m.)
Holy, Blessed God,

I am asking You to do all for, through, in and with me that I am currently unable [unwilling?] to do myself. The piles are piling. The snarls, snarling. I look. And then look passed. I see. Yet I can't [won't] say I care.

♫Change my heart, O God, make it ever true. Change my heart, O God, May I be like You. You are the Potter, I am the clay; Mold me and make me, This is what I pray. Change my heart, O God...

Mm, yes. Change my heart, O God!

Psalm 51:10 reflects David's plea to You. “Create in me a clean heart, O God. Renew a right spirit within me.”

And You are! Bemoaning what a loser/failure I feel like I get to read this psalm and the comments related to it. A sincere sense of fresh hope breathes deep within. I am grateful. There's a spark. A glimmer. A seed. All enough to want. To care.

Thank You Father. Thank You for Healing the Brokenness (The Life Recovery Bible). In this brief devotional I once again get to see that I am not alone in my thoughts and feelings. “If we have sincerely practiced the previous steps (6 of 12), we have probably found enough pain inside ourself to break our heart.” Um, YES!

It's the end paragraph that reminds me, “Jesus taught that 'God blesses those who mourn, for they will be comforted' (Matthew 5:4). God isn't looking for evidence of how good we are or how hard we try. He only wants us to mourn over our sins and admit our brokenness. Then He will not ignore our needs but will forgive us, comfort us, and cleanse us.” Mm. Thank You!

Beginning at verse 7, The Message uses these descriptive words to reflect David's hurting heart. “Soak me in your laundry and I'll come out clean, scrub me and I'll have a snow-white life.” He knew to turn to and count on You. Thank You that we get to as well.

He asked that You would, “Tune me in to foot-tapping songs, set these once-broken bones to dancing (8). Don't look too close for blemishes, give me a clean bill of health (9).”

It's Your Truth behind this poetry that infuses itself as hopefulness inside me. “God, make a fresh start in me, shape a Genesis week from the chaos of my life (10).” A Genesis week? Just thinking of the power and might involved with all You created brings joy and smiles to my heart and my face.

“Don't throw me out with the trash, or fail to breathe holiness in me (11). Bring me back from my gray exile, put a fresh wind in my sails (12).”

A fresh wind in my sails and a renewed spirit (10b). Yes Father! “Shape a Genesis week from the chaos of my life.” You are already changing my heart. Use it to Your good and to Your glory. I love You. I want to serve You. Please. Thank You. Amen.
(518 words ~ 8:30 a.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment