Tuesday, November 25, 2014

's' is for Son and Spirit

Tuesday, November 25, 2014 (6:04 a.m.)
Faithful Father, Forever Friend,

Forgiver. Thank You that these are the 'f' words with which I awoke this morning. I confess. They are NOT the ones I used most yesterday. Forgive my cowardly human nature.

I spoke with You early yesterday morning about wanting to give You glory. I believe it resulted with far more grief than glory.

Something is off around here. Our balance? Rhythm? Communication skills? I'm not sure what. But I absolutely know it is not You best for us.

Thank You Blessed Father for once again changing my heart and mindset. I so much prefer thinking of all You are rather than what we are not. This morning I am asking for more Truth about Your Holy Spirit.

I cried out to You yesterday. Feeling broken and bereft I asked for Your presence. Although I asked and You answered, I still managed attempting to handle things my own way.

When will I learn O Lord? How long until I truly trust You to do in and with, by and for me all these things I cannot possibly do myself?

My biggest hope and joy right this moment is all centered around the foretold birth of Your Son. Isaiah had the privilege of 'confronting Your people with their sin and denial and inspiring them to rebuilding their lives based on Your promises' (The Life Recovery Bible).

With the upcoming holidays right around the corner, what a perfect time to be reminded of the hope we have of “a great light – a light that will shine on all who live in the land...” (Isaiah 9:2). The pure hope that “a child is born to us, a child is given to us” (v. 6a). Do not allow me to continue taking this promise lightly.

Every single time I attempt to handle skirmishes in my own strength I only make matters worse. Continue growing me to cry out instead to the mighty power we all have available to us in Your “Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace” (6b).

Father, how I thank You. You love us so much. Let me learn to love as You would have us love. Freely. Faithfully. Forgivingly. Let these be the 'f' words that readily flow from my mouth.

It's Your Son “to whom we can turn for deep healing and recovery. He is the Wonderful Counselor, who can sort through the inner mess of our life and guide us into Truth and reality. He is the Mighty God, who can supply us with the power to stay on the path of recovery. He is the Everlasting Father, who can love us more deeply than any earthly father can. He is the Prince of Peace, who can fill us with peace and make us whole” (The Life Recovery Bible comment).

Remind me. Sear my heart, soul, mind and strength (Mark 12:30) with Your Truth that I will truly come to love and live as You would have me. Keep my focus on You, Your Son and Spirit instead of the discordance that all too often disrupts and destroys our progress.

I love You Father. I love You and I genuinely thank You for Your patience, faithfulness and forgiveness. Let me use them to truly bring You glory. Thank You. I love You. Amen.
(557 words ~ 7:26 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment