Thursday, November 20, 2014

thanksgiving

Thursday, November 20, 2014 (6:13 a.m.)
Blessed, Holy God,

Thank You! Thanksgiving is officially next Thursday, not this one. However my heart, soul and mind are filled with thankfulness today. Thank You!

I struggled yesterday. Became frustrated. Made progress. And mistakes. Ah, but this time I was surrounded by encouraging words. Wow! Father. Thank You. The encouragements I received for my efforts were absolutely “worth the price of admission”!

Awakening with an eager excitement [agog] I haven't experienced in awhile, I am so very grateful to You. Thank You for the work You are doing in each of us around here. Aside from all the positive results of change going on in our household, none has been as profound as the experiment of encouragement. Blessed Father, I honestly can't thank You enough.

This is where I again turn to Psalm 100, “a brief psalm of praise” (Illustrated Bible Handbook). Five verses that remind us that “we always have reasons to rejoice” (The Life Recovery Bible).

It's The Message that has me smiling most in agreement right now. “On your feet now – applaud GOD! Bring a gift of laughter, sing yourselves into His presence. Know this: GOD is God, and God, GOD. He made us; we didn't make Him. We're His people, His well-tended sheep. Enter with the password: 'Thank You!' Make yourselves at home, talking praise. Thank Him. Worship Him. For GOD is sheer beauty, all-generous in love, loyal always and ever.”

I have another opportunity to learn this morning. My big brother has agreed to help me practice driving. Perhaps he will be able to counteract the 'curse' spoken to me all those (45) years ago by a frustrated coach and teacher who deemed I would never be able to drive a stick shift, nor parallel park.

Truly Father, I am asking You to change my reality into one where I not only CAN learn, but that I do! I am truly seeking Your presence, Your blessings, Your patience and Your wisdom. Be glorified in this time we will be spending together today. I love You. I thank You. And I wish You a very happy day of thanksgiving!

Thank You. I love You. Amen.
(366 words ~ 7:30 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment