Friday, November 7, 2014

husband

Thursday, November 6, 2014 (6:50 a.m.)
Holy, Mighty God,

Yes. Mighty. Powerful!

I chose badly yesterday. Communication hit the skids. A misunderstanding and hurt feelings followed.
(7:22 a.m.)

And just as I was preparing to go into all the details and “woulda / coulda / should have”s, You intervened. Put an abrupt end to that train of thought. In the most unexpected, unusual way. Thank You!

I was planning to talk with You about the power in the blood I missed out on using yesterday. I was looking up the meaning of the word “eke” in the online dictionary. And the very first word in the thesaurus is “husband”. Go figure!

Husband as a verb. Meaning to “use (resources) economically; conserve”. It's origin is of “late Old English (in the senses 'male head of a household' and 'manager, steward')”, from an Old Norse “husbondi 'master of the house,' from hus 'house' + bondi 'occupier and tiller of the soil.' The original sense of the verb was 'till, cultivate.'

It's what I've believed for years. His job is to guide and direct us. Mine is to submit and respect him. Sometimes we do this better than others.

Keep working in each of us Blessed Father. You know our hearts. Our souls. Our minds and our strengths. Use them to Your good and to Your glory. Get me out of the way of my own mindset. Continue surprising me in ways that I least expect. Like when to use the word 'eke' and when to notice that he really truly is tilling and cultivating us.

Bless us Father that we would serve You mightily. Powerfully. In the precious blood of the Lamb Oh how I love and thank You! Amen.

(284 words ~ 8:22 a.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment