Thursday, October 2, 2014

Trusting You!

Thursday, September 18, 2014 (6:15 a.m.)
Praising You,

Thanking You. Blessing You. Trusting You. Mm, yes. Trusting You!

Very early this morning, before I was able to get to sleep, I thought I needed to eat. I wasn't sure if I was hungry or not, but oh how I wanted to eat! Then I remembered my emotions had been challenged earlier and perhaps I was only responding to them.

I reaffirmed my powerlessness over the circumstances. Remembered that random eating would only intensify the unmanageability of the situation. I called upon “a Power greater than myself to restore me to sanity” and finally fell into a deep, restorative sleep.

Thank You!

These few hours later, the dawn is breaking on a brand new day and joy could definitely come in the morning (Psalm 30:5). Yes. The joy of trusting You!

Reading in a hymnal under the section “Assurance and Trust” are these bold words, IN GOD I TRUST. Thank You that I get to trust in You!

I don't always remember to immediately. So often it takes me quite awhile to come around. Thank You for every single time remembrance happens!

A worship sequence under the title mentioned above includes verses from Isaiah 43:2-3; Psalm 56:4 and Proverbs 3:5. All involve trusting You. Some remind not to be afraid. Thank You Father. Thank You Son. Thank You Holy Spirit.

Remind me as often as You must this day of the importance of trusting You. Mm. Yes. Trusting You! Thank You. I Love You. Amen.

(253 words ~ 8:18 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment