Thursday, October 30, 2014

Your Truth

Sunday, October 26, 2014 (5:57 a.m.)
Blessed GOD,

Thank You! I chose badly yesterday. I didn't know how to handle the emotions I didn't want to feel so I completely withdrew into myself.

I had choices. I knew I had them. I even acknowledged them to You. Thank You that even though I chose silence with those around me You still love me.

Thank You that throughout the night as I spoke to You about it You reminded me that I had other choices I could make. Thank You that Your Word is Truth (Psalm 119:142; John 17:17)!

Thank You that I get to turn to It. To You. Thank You that You are ever present. Ever faithful. Ever loving.

I'm going to keep making mistakes. Wrong choices. And every time I do I get to repent and return to You (Revelation 3:19). Thank You.

Thank You for Your love that keeps me hoping. Changing. Wanting.

Thank You that when Jesus prayed for His disciples, I was included in that prayer (John 17:20). Thank You that “After many years of reflecting on his experience as a disciple of Jesus, the apostle John recorded his unique perspective on the gospel” (Life Recovery Bible book of John THE BOTTOM LINE).

Thank You that because of his (and others) love and dedication to Jesus, we have Your Word to turn to. Thank You for his faithfulness in writing Your Truth down for us.

The apostle John was there when Jesus foretold His absence and the sadness that would turn to great joy upon His return (John 16:20). Because of his obedience I get to experience the struggles of life while still depending on the Truth and hope of reading Jesus' words.

“I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world” (John 16:33).

Your Truth never changes. My mind and my feelings do. Thank You for the privilege of being able to depend on Your goodness and Your grace. Thank You for Your forgiveness. Thank You for Your love that ultimately teaches us how to love and forgive one another.

I love You Faithful Father and I ask You to continue Your perfecting work in me. Enable and empower me to love as You would have me love (Mark 12:30-31). Thank You. I love You. Amen.
(407 words ~ 9:32 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment