Thursday, October 30, 2014

♫ One God ♫

Thursday, October 23, 2014 (6:52 a.m.)
Wow! I did NOT expect this!

I had some grumbles. A few growls. I thought of throwing out a giant “ARGH!” but wasn't sure I was ready to 'always revere God's holiness'. So I started thinking of You again as “One God” and music immediately started singing in my mind. I wanted to consider changing the words of One Love to go along with Your Oneness, and then I read them.

Wow! I did NOT expect this!

You are prominently mentioned in the words of this reggae song that I have heard and partially sung through the years.
(7:59 a.m.)

The more I read, the more emotional I become. My mind is truly filled with thoughts of Your great love for each of us.

Cross referencing the lyrics of this song with the beginnings of the Rastafari movement, various Bible verses (Psalm 68:5, 31; Revelation 5:5, 22:2) and the song People Get Ready I am in awe of just how very much I not only don't know, but don't understand as well.

YOU are our One Love. One Heart. One God. One hope. It IS when we get together, giving thanks and praise to You that we will "feel all right".

It is when we take our feelings, our hopes, dreams, fears and losses to the Truth of Your Word that we will be set “free from the traps in which we are caught” (The Life Recovery Bible). Our warped thinking and misguided understandings too often keep us from bringing You our life and our praise.

Again I confess to You my inability to want and be and think and do all that You have for me. How I ask You to truly be my One God and do all that You must in making me wholly Yours. I love You. I thank You. I praise You. I want You. And I ask You to make me all You have for me to be. Thank You. I love You. Amen.
(336 words ~ 8:27 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment