Thursday, October 30, 2014

wholly

Wednesday, October 22, 2014 (8:38 a.m.)
Most Holy, Loving, Blessed GOD,

I love You. And I want to love You more. Better. Fully. Wholly.

Now there's a word I don't recognize. Wasn't sure how to spell it. Still looks odd to me. Ah, but it IS the word I'm looking for!

Wholly – adverb. Meaning: entirely; fully. Completely, totally, absolutely, perfectly, exclusively, only, purely.

The list goes on: One hundred percent. Lock, stock, and barrel. In every respect.

Just like Jesus declares in Mark 12:29-30, “The most important commandment is this: 'Hear, O Israel! The Lord our God is the one and only Lord. And you must love the your God with all your heart, all your soul, all your mind, and all your strength.'”

Wholly.

I confess to You. Not only do I not love You as I want, I am completely unfamiliar with what it would even look like!

Following a footnote back to Deuteronomy 6:4-5, I once again feel tears stinging my eyes. The sniffles are starting. As well as the deep breaths.

You are speaking to me clearly and I still maintain I can't do this on my own. The loveliest, most glorious Truth is that You don't ask us to. You want to be our source of power and strength. And I want desperately to let You.

I started off by saying I love You. And I want to love You more. Make it so Blessed Father. Make it so. Let my heart, soul, mind and strength be wholly Yours. Be in all the decisions I make and actions I take.

Keep every fiber of my being focused on You and Your best for us. I love You. And I want to love You more. Wholly. Thank You. I love You. Amen.

(297 words ~ 9:16 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment