Thursday, October 2, 2014

living in the present

Thursday, October 2, 2014 (7:41 a.m.)
Awesome, Holy, Patient God,

Thank You.

Yesterday I got the taste of living in the moment. Not dwelling in the past or looking too far into the future. I took each opportunity as it came to me and was excited. Pleased. In the moment.
(8:49 a.m.)

In the moment. That's what I noticed. I was present. Truly present in the surroundings.

Gracious God, how I thank You for such a gift. The gift of being truly present.

Looking to Your Word, much is said about this as well. Guide me in my thinking and expressions of gratitude to You.

Ideas came freely. The willingness and opportunity to express and share them openly did as well. There was truth and joy. Freedom and fun. Thank You Father. Thank You Son. Thank You Holy Spirit.

I have been absent from here for quite awhile. Not absent from praying. Nor from thanking. Just not able to stay present in the expressing of it all.

Blessed God, I am grateful. You have blessed me immensely. Memories have been made. Joys experienced. Blessings abounded. And I honestly haven't known how to openly share them either with You, myself or others. It has been so easy to hold it all inside. Close to my chest.

Work in me to share. Not in a flaunting way. Just honestly. Openly. Willingly.

I love You. Because You first loved me (1John 4:19). Living here in the present, I am aware of a tidal wave of emotions. Having the ability to turn and immediately find Bible verses I have been considering for days leaves me profoundly comforted.

Just the other day I had reason to recall the Truth that “perfect love casts out fear” (v. 18). Not taking the time to actually look it up, I worked on the premise that I am not to be afraid. Not in my dealings and interactions with others. Not in my thinking. Hoping. Or praying.

You are a good God. Loving. Kind. Faithful. I get to choose to believe that. Or not. I have the opportunity to follow You. Your teachings. Your Truth. And to live. To truly live in the present. Mm. Yes. Blessed God. Yes!

I want desperately to live my life in You. Unafraid. Aware. Honest. Open. Willing. And present. Teach me Blessed God. Show me. Guide me. Lead me.

Just for today. This very moment. Keep me present. In You. With You. By You. For You. I love You. And I want for it to be easily seen by all I encounter.

Thank You for Your love. Your presence. Your every gift in my existence. Use me exactly as You wish. I love You. I long to serve You. And to do it well. Make it so I pray. Make it so. Thank You. I love You. Amen.

(464 words ~ 9:43 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment