Thursday, October 30, 2014

honest experience

Tuesday, October 21, 2014 (7:39 a.m.)
Awesome, Holy, GOD,

Thank You. Sleep was intermittent. Hard to come by. And not long lasting. But it was there. Enough to dream. Enough to feel rested. Thank You.

Thank You that I get to continue to call out to You on behalf of others. Thank You that while all may seem lost at times, it is not. Regardless of any variety of circumstances, we always have You. Hope in, hope with You.

Thank You. Thank You for reminding me of the propensity I have of feeling lost. When in reality I am found. By You.

Tears continue to come easily. Ready to fall at a moment's notice. This I ask You to be in charge of. If it's something You want for me, teach me to want it for myself. Yes. Teach me to want all that You want for me.

I find myself reading Peter's second letter to the Jewish Christian's who were suffering persecution because of their faith. Thank You for the honesty and experience with which he wrote to encourage them. He didn't sugar coat or offer simple platitudes.

He let them know that suffering may indeed be theirs. BUT You would never fail them (2Peter 4:19). Thank You for the numerous ways You have of reminding us of Your love. Your Truth. Your faithfulness.

I love You. I thank You. And I ask You to use me this day as You wish. I can do nothing of value on my own but “I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength” (Philippians 4:13). It is in You I place my trust. Thank You. I love You. Amen.
(281 words ~ 8:25 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment