Wednesday, September 17, 2014

first and foremost

Wednesday, September 17, 2014 (6:11 a.m.)
Amazing GOD,

I look to You. Lean into You. Learn from You. Desire You. I think, wonder, fear, remember and start all over again.

Blessed Being. Father, Son, Holy Spirit, my mind is racing. There is much to accomplish. Many things to put into order. Time spent with You is the first and foremost.

Hmm, how do I keep You first and foremost in my day? My life? My thinking? My time? By remembering that it all comes from You anyway. None of it is mine. It's all Yours. Let me learn to approach it all from Your best for us.

How I thank You for the opportunity and privilege of spending time with You. You are good. Kind. Loving. Faithful. And this morning I don't even know what I'm to do with these truths.

Wow, You're good! I turn to You with my jumbled thoughts and You remind that first and foremost is You.

Words like: peace, love, joy, river, ocean, fountain; faith, hope and love again wrap themselves within me. Each wanting its due. My head can't match all the thoughts together. So I set them aside and confess it to You.

The next thing I know I'm reading 1 Corinthians 10:23-24 in The Message. “Looking at it [warnings against idolatry] one way, you could say, 'Anything goes. Because of God's immense generosity and grace, we don't have to dissect and scrutinize every action to see if it will pass muster.' But the point is not to just get by. We want to live well, but our foremost efforts should be to help others live well.”

Blessed GOD, yes! “Help others live well.” It has been my heart's desire for as long as I can remember. Help others live and LOVE well. Work in me to that end. As I seek to glorify and enjoy You forever, make it attractive and enticing to others.

I love You. I need You. I want You. And I ask You to do in and through, with and for me all that You know is best. Thank You. I love You. Amen.

(356 words ~ 7:50 a.m.) 

No comments:

Post a Comment