Thursday, October 9, 2014

life and radiant health

Thursday, October 9, 2014 (6:44 a.m.)
Holy, Loving, Blessed GOD,

I love You.

There's much to do today. Many things to consider.

I got sidetracked again yesterday. Made great strides early on. Got excited about various ideas and options. And ultimately fizzled out as the day progressed.

Keep me with You this day I ask. Not far ahead, attempting to go my own way. Nor straggling along behind. Set the pace for me. Order the day. Make me willing. Honorable. Obedient to Your calling.

Proverbs 4:23-27 resonates with me this morning. I came across this section after looking up the word sidetracked [see v. 27]. The Illustrated Bible Handbook speaks of “the dangers of rejecting the wisdom offered” as well as “the benefits of accepting it.”

Blessed, Loving GOD, I long to heed Solomon's warnings and promises.

Going back to the beginning of this chapter, I read its title. A Father's Wise Advice. Thank You for being our heavenly Father. Thank You for all the wisdom You have provided us through the years.

The Truth You are presenting me this morning is having a profound effect on me. I teeter between smiles and tears. I hope. Then I pause to ponder.

Holy GOD, keep me firmly on Your path. Let wise King Solomon's words penetrate deep within my heart (v. 21).

Is what I am feeling hope? Joy? Truth? Tears are streaming all the while I am puzzling. I realize I am holding my breath as I read back and forth between The Life Recovery Bible and the handbook mentioned earlier.

Solomon promises that the reader who hears and applies will prolong his life and win a good name with God and man. He need only pay close attention, and not swerve to the right or left of the righteous path the proverbs mark out. Relationship with God is critical for God is to be trusted in making life's choices, not our own understanding. As God is acknowledged, and His ways are followed, 'He will make your paths straight'” (Illustrated Bible Handbook).

We have experienced this Truth and promise in the past. Thank You.

Holy, Holy GOD, keep my attention on You (v. 20a). Let me listen carefully to all You would have me hear (20b). Bring Solomon's words to life for me. Don't let me lose sight of them (21a). “Let them penetrate deep within [my] heart, for they bring life and radiant health to anyone who discovers their meaning” (21b-22).

Mm, Blessed GOD, make it so that above all else I guard my heart, for it affects everything I do (23). Let me “avoid all perverse talk; stay away from corrupt speech” (24).

How I ask that You empower and enable me to look straight ahead, and fix my eyes on what lies before me (25). Mark out a straight path for my feet; then stick to the path and stay safe (26). Don't let me get sidetracked (27a) I pray. Keep my feet from following evil (27b).

It truly IS in You I trust! I believe Your Word. Your promises. I am convinced that You have the power to have us live the lives You would have us live. Lives that would glorify You; causing us to enjoy You forever.

Guard my heart, my mind, my soul and my strength that I would genuinely love You as Jesus taught we are to do (Mark 12:30). Do everything You must that I would openly bring Your life and radiant health to all who would find them (Proverbs 4:22).

I love You. Use me well I pray. Thank You. Amen.

(589 words ~ 8:10 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment