Sunday, October 5, 2014

good decisions

Sunday, October 5, 2014 (7:53 a.m.)
Holy Three-in-One,

How I truly long to live the life You have for me. To make good decisions. Decisions based on Your will, Your Way, Your best. Not on fear or cowering.

(10:21 a.m.)

Blessed Being, You bless us. You keep us. You smile on us and are gracious to us. You show us Your favor and give us Your peace (Numbers 6:24-26). We don't always recognize it. At times we come to expect it and then take it all for granted.

Oh but when we pause to let the Truth of Your Word really permeate within our entire being (heart, soul, mind, strength – Mark 12:30) we do experience the blessings, grace and peace You offer. Thank You GOD. Thank You for Your Truth. Your promises. Your love. And for the complete sense of well-being, health and contentment we have available to us in You.

In turning to 2 Chronicles 7:14 this morning I get to read one of the greatest promises You ever made to Israel. “if My people who are called by My name will humble themselves and pray and seek My face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin and heal their land.”

Wow! Humble self, pray, seek Your face, turn from wicked ways. It seems so basic. Easy enough. Oh but just try putting it into practice. I fail so often!

Just yesterday I reached a level of annoyance just because an order was set aside and I had the privilege of waiting an extra twenty to thirty minutes. I didn't see it as a privilege. There was no honor in my grousing and grumbling. Forgive me I pray. Forgive the impatience with which I beheld the delay. Not my best decision.

I have so many opportunities. Guide, direct, lead and advise me in the direction and choices You would have me go. I love You. I long to serve You well. I want to depend solely on Your goodness and grace.

Be the GOD You have ever wanted to be in me. Enable me to be all You have for me I pray. Thank You. I love You. Amen.
(371 words ~ 11:02 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment