Wednesday, October 29, 2014

far more

Wednesday, October 15, 2014 (8:02 a.m.)
Balcony Crown Princess
Anchored off Santa Barbara, CA
Glorious, Beautiful, Bountiful GOD,

I gasped at my first view of the coast. I'm not sure what I was expecting, but this is far more. Isn't that just like You? Giving us far more than we ever expect or hope for.

The verse I find this morning containing 'far more' is from the description of A Wife of Noble Character (Proverbs 31:10-31). As I read the first three verses here I sigh aloud as my request to You that You would make it so for us.

“Who can find a virtuous and capable wife? She is worth far more than rubies. Her husband can trust her, and she will greatly enrich his life. She will not hinder him but help him all her life.”

Mm, yes, Father GOD, make it so!

Reading various comments to this section I realize this to be the description of the ideal wife. One that none can achieve.

The Life Recovery Bible urges, “a woman should accept herself for who she is and commit to allowing God to transform her more and more into His likeness. As she grows to be more like Him, she will naturally exhibit many of the characteristics of this ideal wife.”

In other words, “I can't. You can. I will let You!”

Illustrated Bible Handbook takes another approach. It recognizes the effect that this type of wife can have on her husband. Ultimately maintaining “for each, personal fulfillment came as personal potential was stretched and developed by meaningful work and by participating in family life.”

See there? Far more than I ever expected.

I can't. You can. And I will let You. Use me as You wish this day. Thank You. I love You. Amen.
(301 words ~ 8:36 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment