Friday, October 10, 2014

discernment

Friday, October 10, 2014 (7:10 a.m.)
Awesome GOD,

I am seeking an attitude adjustment please. I started snarling and growling again this morning, much like I did yesterday. Over the smallest perceived slight. Help me here I pray. Again, we have much to do. But first things being first it's my attitude that needs attention.

Thank You that I am allowed [even encouraged?] to come before You just as I am

(9:06 a.m.)
Almost two hours later and I can tell You are working.

An unexpected, early morning visitor. Unplanned interruptions. And now repacking. This is where I turn to You again. There is WAY too much in the suitcase. So much does not need to go. Just because there is plenty of room does NOT mean I need to fill it.

Help me here Dearest GOD. Teach me discernment. Even [especially?] in the seemingly unimportant stuff.

Mm. BIG smile! Discernment. “The ability to judge well”. What would that even be like? I know I have had experience with it in the past.

(10:02 a.m.)

As the day progresses I find my mind wandering and my actions haphazard.

Focus me. Direct, guide, lead
(3:57 p.m.)

You did it Blessed GOD! You changed my heart. Directed my focus and enabled me to smile myself through some tricky decision making.

Thank You. From the bottom of my grateful heart I thank You. Use me this evening as You would. Thank You again. I love You. Amen.

(244 words ~ 4:00 p.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment