Wednesday, October 29, 2014

enhanced

Tuesday, October 14, 2014 (5:14 p.m.)
Balcony Crown Princess
California Coast
Cruising South toward Santa Barbara
Awesome Holy GOD,

What a difference a few hours makes!

I have words. Thoughts! Excitement. An eagerness to tell.

Okay. Yeah. And alcohol too. But I truly believe the excitement has only been enhanced by the alcohol, not caused by it.

Let me begin at first thought. Followed immediately by the rest. Flowers. Seagulls. Applecart. Sunspots.

Flowers. Anticipated upon arrival. Delivered much later that afternoon. Beautiful. Wilting. And now accompanied by today's 'A Fruitful Life' thought. “Flowers may fade as time goes by, but love lasts forever.” And the reason the flowers were ordered in the first place? Yes. Love. Brought to fruition entirely by YOUR enhancement!

Holy Father, this morning I had the opportunity to sit back here at the back of the ship witnessing the playfulness of seagulls. They helped me think of my dad. Playful. Jonathan Livingston. A wall plaque from his office. What a joyful reminder. Enhanced again right now. By Your steadfastness.

And then, the applecart. I had the option of upsetting one. A “hot tub” MUCH warmer than another. Occupied by two men who seemingly would have preferred it to themselves. I chose to honor my perception of their preference and went to the colder one.

My decision was blessed by a three generational family, with the youngest of four children being a five year old delightfully willing chatter box. Thank You.

Oh, but You still aren't done! The 'sunspots' I detected far off on the starboard (right) side are still visible to me now. Right here along with at least four playful seagulls. Only now, they much more resemble the “Fingers of God” we read about and see photos of on occasion. Right here. Back of the ship.

Enhanced by alcohol? No! By YOU! Your love. Your Truth. Your faithfulness. Your promises.

As I prepare to dress for dinner, how I ask You to bless us to bless others. We love You. We thank You. And we praise You! Amen!

(345 words ~ 5:45 p.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment