Tuesday, October 28, 2014

"Challenge!"

Monday, October 13, 2014 (7:31 a.m.)
Pier 27, San Francisco Cruise Terminal
Holy, Loving, Father GOD,

What an unexpected and oh-so necessary challenge. Found this morning on 'A Fruitful Life' calendar page from three days ago.

“Our lives would contain greater peace if we spoke all the good we know of another; rather than the bad.”

Without having this Truth so well spelled out for me, I have attempted to practice it a time or two before. Always in my own strength. My own power.

This morning Blessed God, I bring the challenge straight to You. Asking. Seeking. Knocking. Sincerely wanting to become the person who speaks well of others, rather than dishing dirt.

I confess that gossiping, speaking ill of others, comes quite naturally to me. Familial background and experience presented me with regular and easy practice. Here again, something I know not to be Your best for us.

(7:57 a.m.)

You bless us Holiest GOD, so that we in turn would bless others. Make me a blessing Dearest GOD. The blessing You would have me be. One who truly speaks well of others. Rather than the one who automatically seeks the easier, much less desirable 'smack talk'.

The quote on today's calendar page echoes Your teachings. “Peace and happiness come not by chance, but by choice.” Work in me that I will indeed make better choices. With my heart, soul, mind and strength (Mark 12:30). As well as with my speech.

I love You most Holy GOD and Father. I want my words and actions to represent You well this day. Do all that You must to make it so. Thank You. Bless You. Praise You. Amen.
(284 words ~ 8:30 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment