Wednesday, October 29, 2014

enjoy

Friday, October 17, 2014 (8:26 p.m.)
Crown Princess Cabin
Cruising North to San Pedro, CA
Most Holy Father God,

I need Your help. Help only You can supply. It's time to pack up stuff in the cabin we've enjoyed this past week.

Honestly, truly, really enjoyed. I don't know where to begin. I keep trying to start and then just quit. You can help me. I know You can. That's why I'm here. Alone. With You.

You know my heart. My soul. My mind. My strength. You know that of which I am able. You know that this can all be accomplished in Your good time. Again, my reason for coming to You.

Father, thank You. Thank You for such a lovely, enjoyable week. A week spent laughing and resting. Catching up. Visiting. Exploring. Trying new things.

Here's where I stop to thank You again for Your answers. With tissue in hand and tears rolling down my cheeks, this is me shaking my head, knowing You are here helping me.

The word 'enjoy' refused to be overlooked here. It wouldn't leave me alone until I looked it up. And what started the tears? Ecclesiastes 9:9 in the NIV Compact Concordance. “Enjoy life with your wife.”

Is that not what we have spent this past week doing? Oh, more tears.

A single thought turns my thinking all around. I'm so easily brought to awe before You right now.

Illustrated Bible Handbook lists some Deductions that King Solomon made through his philosophical reasoning. Fearing You and obeying Your commands (12:13) being uppermost. With 'enjoying life as Your good gift to us while we can' running a close second.

Holy Father God, thank You. I asked. You answered. Use Your words to buoy me through this next process. As I consider the New Living Translation for verse 9:9, how I ask that the husband You gave me would wholeheartedly agree.

“Live happily with the woman you love through all the meaningless days of life that God has given you in this world. The wife God gives you is your reward for all your earthly toil.”

Use me to bless him as You have blessed me. And please Blessed Father, use the two of us to bless others. We love You. We thank You. And we both long to serve You. Well. Thank You. [And now? The suitcases?] Amen.

 (397 words ~ 9:01 p.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment