Friday, October 31, 2014

love

Friday, October 31, 2014 (7:49 a.m.)
Holy, Holy God,

Talk to me this morning about love. Your love for us. Our love for You. And for each other.
(9:19 a.m.)

Mm. Thank You so much. I asked. And You answered. In SUCH a big way!

Illustrated Bible Handbook has MUCH to say about it. Love, OT and (1John) Chapter 4:7-21. God's Love Source provide me added insights: God's love. Man's response. Love Defined. Love Essential. God Is Love. God Loved First. Wonderful, amazing stuff.

Your Word spells out for us what it is to love You, our enemies, our neighbors. It gives us opportunity to remember and reevaluate how we're doing with Your call to the Israelites to love You with all our heart, soul and strength (Deuteronomy 6:5).

The Life Recovery Bible footnote for this verse ends with the Truth that “loving God entails the decision to follow God's program, looking to Him constantly for help and forgiveness.” Here I am, doing exactly that.

I love You so much. And I long to love as You would have me love. Wholeheartedly. Joyfully. Obediently. Make it so Dearest God. Make me able. In Your strength. Your power. Your time. I love You. I want You. I need You. And I thank You. Amen.
(212 words ~ 11:05 a.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment