Wednesday, January 30, 2013

here again


Wednesday, January 30, 2013 (10:11 a.m.)
Here I am again Dearest Lord,
This time on my own behalf. I am asking for the attributes, as well as the benefits of the Proverbs 31 wife.
I realize the woman described in verses 10-31 was a representation of an ideal wife, but there are many of these qualities I want to make my own.
I long to have my husband validate me as “a truly good wife... worth more than precious gems!” (v.10).
Along with his trust (v. 11) I want to “greatly enrich his life.” Bringing “him good, not harm, all the days of [my] life” (12).
Father God, YOU can help me be productive and generous (vs.13-24). It is because of Your tender love that I can ask to be “clothed with strength and dignity” (25) and to laugh “without fear of the future.”
When I speak (v.26) Blessed Father let my words be wise, with kindness being the rule for everything I say. Make it so that our children truly do stand and bless me (28) as my beloved husband genuinely “joins in with words of praise: 'Many women have done wonderful things, but you've outclassed them all!'” (The Message v.29).
“Charm can mislead and beauty soon fades. The woman to be admired and praised is the woman who lives in the Fear-of-God” (30). Make that me Dearest Father!
Work in me and through me that the fruit of my hands bring You praise (31). This I pray in Your most holy name. Thank You. Amen.
(261 words ~ 11:07 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment