Friday, January 25, 2013

not alone


Friday, January 25, 2013 (7:02 a.m.)
Most Holy and helpful Father God,
You did it again! I started fretting about repairs in the middle of the night. The thoughts began to loom large. I was on the verge of fear and You reminded me, “argh!” Always Revere God's Holiness!
Right then and there I stopped worrying because I remembered that You are in control. “Don't worry about anything, instead pray about everything; tell God your needs and don't forget to thank Him for His answers” (Philippians 4:6).
Because I did exactly that, I went back to sleep. Slept well. Even had a dream where I remembered Your best for us in it. Thank You Father.
Thank You for reminding me of the importance of Living as a New Person (Ephesians 4:17-32). It's easy for me to think the worst. Much harder to hope for the best. This section of Scripture reminds me that I am not alone in this.
Referring to Illustrated Bible Handbook, I read a section entitled Old Man/New Man. “There is growth for the new life and a gradual replacement of the old patterns of passions and responses. But there is always struggle.”
You provide for our every need. You know exactly what is best for us. Even in the middle of the night, left to my own thoughts and devices, You were there reminding me that I was not alone.
Your Word. Your Truth. Your Will. Your Way. These are the things I am to trust. Only through Your Son's sacrificial love on my behalf am I learning more and more of what this looks like in action.
Father God, how I thank You that because of You, Your Son and the Holy Spirit I am not alone. I have hope. I have faith. And I have love (1 Corinthians 13:13). Wow! Thank You for reminding me to Always Revere God's Holiness!
You are good. I am thankful. Continue Your work in me this day I pray. Thank You. I love You. Amen.
(338 words ~ 7:52 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment