Wednesday, January 16, 2013

life-changing


Wednesday, January 16, 2013 (7:34 a.m.)
Most Dear and Blessed Father God,
Thank You. Thank You that I get to be here with You. Thank You for the desire I didn't think was going to come. Thank You that I truly know time spent with You is a privilege NOT an obligation.
Thank You for Your willingness to be with me. Thank You for calling me to ask You about change. I confess to You right now, I'd started changing again. Choosing fear over faith. Turning away from time with You rather than running towards it.
Thank You for continuing to call me to You. Even in the midst of being right here wth You in Your Word my mind still wanders. I think of things left undone. I attempt to prioritize. I feel frustrated. Unproductive. Judgmental. Hard on myself. YOU hold the key to my freedom from these self-imposed, destructive thoughts.
Thank You Father. Thank You Jesus. Thank You Holy Spirit. In and of my own strength I am absolutely powerless over the onslaught of negative self-talk. I need Your Truth to guide and maintain not only my efforts, but my progress as well.
You are Truth. You are Goodness. You are Light. You are all the things I am not, yet long to be. Help me unscramble, untangle and let go of all the thoughts, desires and naivete that do not serve to glorify You.
There is such a tremendous struggle going on within me. I turn it all over to You asking to be counted as one to whom Simon Peter was writing in his second letter to 'all believers everywhere'. He wanted 'to help his readers keep their focus on God's grace and truth'. I need that!
“I write this to you whose experience is as life-changing as ours, all due to our God's straight dealing and intervention of our God and Savior, Jesus Christ. Grace and peace to you many times over as you deepen in your experience with God and Jesus, our Master” (2 Peter 1:1b-2). Yes please.
Cover and fill me with Your grace and peace as I continue working to “accept with serenity the things that cannot be changed”. Provide for me “Courage to change the things which should be changed and the Wisdom to distinguish the one from the other.”
Yes Father. Change! Life-changing experiences. As I continue praying the original version of what has come to be known as the Serenity Prayer, I humbly ask You to change my thinking and actions to “Living one day at a time, Enjoying one moment at a time, Accepting hardship as a pathway to peace, Taking, as Jesus did, This sinful world as it is, Not as I would have it, Trusting that You will make all things right, If I surrender to Your will, So that I may be reasonably happy in this life, And supremely happy with You forever in the next.”
I love You so very much Dearest God. Thank You for calling me out of my most recent avoidance of You. You know me so well. And You love me so much. Once again I choose Your life-changing FAITH over the depths to which fear threatens to take me. Forgive me once more for falling back to fearing people, places and things. I love You far too much to live in fear. Thank You Father again for reminding me.
Work in and through me this day. Thank You. I love You. Amen.
(584 words ~ 9:42 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment