Friday, February 1, 2013

prayer


Thursday, January 31, 2013 (7:09 a.m.)
Blessed Father God,
Thank You! How blessed are we that we have You to come to. Waking up humming take it to the Lord in prayer I read about the poem the hymnist originally wrote to his mom who was living in another country.
Friday, February 1, 2013 (7:00 a.m.)
I didn't complete my exploration of the hymn and its corresponding Bible verse (Philippians 4:6) yesterday. As I look at them both right now I'm filled with the same excitement as I was then.
♫What a friend we have in Jesus All our sins and griefs to bear What a privilege to carry Everything to God in prayer Oh, what peace we often forfeit Oh, what needless pain we bear All because we do not carry Everything to God in prayer
Throughout the verses it reminds us of the benefits of having such a Faithful Friend. We don't have to be discouraged by the trials and temptations that surround us. We are so blessed for such a Precious Savior.
As I view Philippians 4:6-7 (The Message) through the light of this hymn I am again reminded of the peace that comes from trusting You to be THE God of our lives!
“Don't fret or worry. Instead of worrying, pray. Let petitions and praises shape your worries into prayers, letting God know your concerns. Before you know it, a sense of God's wholeness, everything coming together for good, will come and settle you down. It's wonderful what happens when Christ displaces worry at the center of your life.”
Blessed Father, thank You for continuing to bring YOUR Truth into our everyday lives. Thank You truly for Your Son's sacrifice which allows us the privilege to take it to the Lord in prayer. Empower me to use well His willingness to lay down His own life on our behalf (John 15:13).
Father, I love You. I thank You. And I ask You to make it so I bring You glory this day. Thank You Father. Amen.
(341 words ~ 7:54 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment