Monday, January 21, 2013

sleepless


Monday, January 21, 2013 (7:12 a.m.)
Amazing, Blessed, Wonderful God,
I love You. Sleep didn't happen for me last night. It didn't come until earlier this morning. Yet here I am. Smiling. I just read some of Your Word which mentions 'sleepless'.
Psalm 56:8 in The Message, “You've kept track of my every toss and turn through the sleepless nights, Each tear entered in Your ledger, each ache written in Your book.” While there were no tears nor many aches and I didn't count every toss or turn, it's supremely comforting to know You were right there with me.
Reading about this psalm I see that it is another that affirms trusting You in days of fear. Hallelujah and thank You! Although I was not feeling especially fearful last night, the fact that You are ever present is heartening.
Pouring over various translations of verse nine, the New Living Translation strikes a chords with me. “My enemies will retreat when I call to You for help. This I know: God is on my side!”
Father, it is self-doubting that I see as my enemies these days. Constantly battling the thoughts that remind me that I am not all I ever thought myself to be. The Truth of Your Word sheds light on this in the form of a Life Recovery Bible commentary for this psalm.
“We can learn a helpful lesson from the psalmist here – we should keep our thoughts focused on God and trust Him. We will find, as the psalmist did, that God is on our side, even during the times when our struggle is most difficult. God will do His part; we, however, must fulfill our responsibilities of being obedient to God's revealed will. His program is always best for us in the long run.”
Father, I know this to be true! I keep playing with the boundary lines. More food. Less exercise. More TV. Less discipline. NOT choices You would have me make I'm sure. Line me up again with Your Will and Your Way. Help me toe the line You have set for me. Empower and enable me to live Your best for me.
I love You. I long to serve You well. Be with me this day I pray. Thank You. I love You. Amen.
(385 words ~ 8:11 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment