Saturday, January 26, 2013

ignorant


Saturday, January 26, 2013 (7:29 a.m.)
Wonderful Father,
Thank You for keeping me company again. It was another long night with very little sleep. Somewhere in the midst You gave me two words. I'm not sure which is the most appropriate for this morning so I'm turning them back over to You.
Beginning with the first: “ignore – verb – refuse to take notice of or acknowledge; disregard intentionally” and moving on to the second, “ignorant – adjective – lacking knowledge, information or awareness about something in particular; discourteous or rude”.
These both describe me and my inactions in some areas. Speak to me this morning so I will hear what You have for me.
And would You just look at this smile on my face and in my heart! Tracking 'ignorant' I found Psalm 73:22.
Looking at the various translations available to me, I find myself identifying particularly with the one with which I began. The Message. “I was totally ignorant, a dumb ox in Your very presence.” Yep! That can so very often sum me up!
The two verses following (23-24) are where hope comes in. The Living Bible, “But even so, You love me! You are holding my right hand! You will keep on guiding me all my life with Your wisdom and counsel, and afterwards receive me into the glories of heaven.”
Father, thank You! Thank You for providing our every single need. Thank You for loving me in my ignorance. Thank You that I can count on You for the things I am yet able to make decisions about. Keep working in me I pray.
You are so good. And I am truly grateful. Thank You for loving and guiding me. Keep up Your good work in helping me become obedient to Your leading. Thank You Father. I love You. Amen.
(305 words ~ 8:04 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment